The GUAM Working Group on Transport at the level of the Heads of the Departments of the Member States of the Organization for Democracy and Economic Development – GUAM (hereinafter GUAM), responsible for the development of transport:
Guided by the GUAM Charter, and in fulfillment of the GUAM Transport Corridor Development Concept;
Taking into account the growing role of the GUAM transport corridor in the effective functioning of the new Silk Road, the key geographical location and strategic importance of the GUAM member states, the territories of which constitute a naturally formed corridor between Europe and Asia;
In order to increase the competitiveness of the GUAM corridor to increase transit through the territory of GUAM member states;
- Reaffirms the determination to expand cooperation in the field of transport in order to increase transit through the territories of GUAM member states.
- Stresses the importance of intensifying cooperation in the field of transport for the full-scale use of the advantages of the GUAM free trade area.
- Appreciates the results of the GUAM-Transit-2 conference aimed at increasing the competitiveness of the GUAM transport corridor.
- Welcomes the establishment of the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route by transport companies of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Kazakhstan, its Coordination Committee and the accession of economic entities of Ukraine to it.
- Invites the Moldovan Party to consider the possibility of an accession of its economic entities to the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route.
- Adopts the Action Plan for increasing cargo transportation along the GUAM transport corridor. The Parties shall inform each other on the implementation of the Action Plan through the GUAM Secretariat.
Compiled on May 31, 2016, in Odesa in the Russian language.