Structurally, the GUAM comprises:
The Council is the supreme body of the Organization. The Council works at the level of heads of State (Summit), foreign ministers, national coordinators, and permanent representatives. Permanent or provisional working and subsidiary bodies may be set up, as well as meetings of representatives of ministries and/or departments concerned may be held upon Council’s decision.
The Secretariat ensures organizational and technical support for GUAM operation and works under the authority of the Secretary-General. The GUAM Secretariat is located in the city of Kyiv.
Other sector cooperation mechanisms
- Joint Meetings of the Working Groups on Economic Cooperation
- Joint Meetings of the Working Groups on Law-Enforcement and Security Cooperation
- Joint Meetings of the Working Groups on Humanitarian Cooperation
- Working Meetings of the Heads of Body Guard Authorities
- Meetings of the Heads of Customs Authorities
- Consular Services Multilateral Negotiations
- Virtual [Law Enforcement] Center (VLEC) on Combating Terrorism, Organized Crime, Drug Trafficking and Other Dangerous Types of Crime and Inter-State Information-Analytic (Management) System (IMS)
- Meetings of the Representatives of National Inter-Agency Group (NIAG)
- GUAM Project on Trade and Transport Facilitation (TTF)