The GUAM Working group on transport at the level of the Heads of GUAM Member States’ institutions of the Organization for Democracy and Economic Development – GUAM (hereinafter GUAM), which bear responsibility for the development of transport infrastructure,
Guided by the GUAM Charter and the implementation of the Statement by Heads of Member States of the Organization for Democracy and Economic Development – GUAM regarding the GUAM Transport Corridor,
Bearing in mind the increasing role of the GUAM Transport Corridor in the effective functioning of the Europe-Caucasus-Asia Transport Corridor, and the need to improve the attractiveness GUAM region in order to increase transit through the territories of GUAM Member States,
Recognising the backbone role of transport in the region’s economic development and the need to implement new projects in the sphere of transport on the basis of public-private partnerships:
- Confirms their determination to expand cooperation in the field of transport in order to increase transit moving through the territories of GUAM Member States.
- Emphasizes the importance of enhancing cooperation in the field of transport to fully take advantage of the GUAM Free Trade Zone.
- Highly appreciates the assistance of the Japanese side in holding the workshop on studying experiences in the field of developing of ancillary road transport infrastructure and managing motorways (November 26-30, 2012 in Tokyo).
- Adopts the “Concept of the GUAM Transport Corridor” (attached, 9 pages).
- Welcomes the signing of the trilateral Statement between the Republic of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey to create the Baku-Tbilisi-Trabzon model highway motorway route.
Agreed upon in Tbilisi on February 13, 2013.