- The GUAM Committee of National Coordinators (CNC) shall be a working body of the GUAM in charge of the coordination of activities being carried out within GUUAM framework and the preparation of meetings of heads of State and the GUUAM Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM).
- The CNC shall be guided by goals and principles as laid down in Yalta GUAM Charter, treaties concluded within the framework of the Organization, decisions of heads of State, Council of Foreign Ministers, and by the present Regulations.
- The CNC shall comprise national coordinators – representatives of GUAM Member-States, one national coordinator from each of the Member-State.
- National coordinators shall be appointed by ministers of foreign affairs of Member-States.
Powers and Functions
- The CNC shall be competent to:
- adopt decisions on all aspects of GUAM activities, except those which, under Yalta GUAM Charter and the Regulations Concerning the GUAM Council of Foreign Ministers, fall within the scope of competencies of heads of State and the GUUAM Council of Foreign Ministers;
- prepare recommendations for the GUAM Council of Foreign Ministers on matters falling within its competence;
- set up ad hoc subsidiary bodies (working groups, etc.) if there should be a need in considering individual matters at expert level.
- The CNC shall perform the following functions:
- reviewing progress in implementation and assisting in the realization of decisions taken by heads of State, the Council of Foreign Ministers, as well as treaties and agreements as concluded within GUAM framework;
- making decisions on matters falling within the scope of its competence;
- preparing drafts of the agendas and decisions for meetings of the Council of Foreign Ministers;
- coordinating documents and preparing them for approval or signing by heads of State, the Council of Foreign Ministers or any other plenipotentiary representatives of ministries and departments of GUUAM Member-States;
- promoting cooperation among foreign policy and sectoral departments of GUAM Member-States; appointing heads of sectoral working groups;
- receiving progress reports of sectoral groups;
- performing any other activities in accordance with instructions of heads of State and the Council of Foreign Ministers.
- The CNC shall be competent to:
- The CNC shall hold its meetings on a trimester basis and upon agreement with National Coordinators before meetings of heads of State and the Council of Foreign Ministers.
- The CNC shall hold its meeting on a rotation basis in each GUAM Member-State.
- National Coordinator of the State presiding in the GUAM or of the hosting country shall preside at the CNC meetings, as a rule.
- National Coordinators or their authorized representatives shall attend the CNC meetings.
- All of the decisions taken at a CNC meeting shall be reflected in the minutes of the meeting concerned and signed by National Coordinators or their authorized representatives.
- Each of CNC meetings shall make a decision on the venue and time of the next meeting and an appropriate entry should be made in the minutes of CNC meeting.
- Any of National Coordinators may submit proposal with regard to convening CNC extraordinary meeting for consideration of the CNC.
- Representatives of third States, international organizations and structures may attend CNC meetings upon unanimous consent of National Coordinators.
- Holding CNC meetings or discussing individual matters in camera shall be possible upon proposal of one or more GUAM National Coordinators.
- CNC meetings agenda shall be prepared based on relevant decisions and instructions of heads of State, the Council of Foreign Ministers, and proposals of GUAM National Coordinators.
- National Coordinator of the Member-State presiding in the GUUAM shall prepare a draft agenda and forward it to CNC members for endorsement. GUAM National Coordinators submit proposal for amending the draft agenda to the president of the CNC.
- Documents relating to agenda items of a regular CNC meeting and documents prepared by CNC members as a matter of initiative shall be sent by National Coordinator of the Member-State presiding in the GUAM not later than 20 days before the meeting concerned, except when it comes to convening an extraordinary meeting.
- Documents as agreed at a CNC meeting shall be a supplement to minutes of the meeting. If such documents were not distributed during proceedings of the meeting, they should be sent by National Coordinator of the hosting or presiding State to CNC members not later than 10 days after the meeting.
- Presiding National Coordinator or, upon agreement, one of National Coordinators shall submit a report on GUAM activities at meetings of heads of State and speak, on behalf of the GUUAM, at international forums of appropriate level.
- CNC decisions shall be taken by consensus while decisions on procedural matters – by simple majority.
- CNC decisions made in accordance with instructions of heads of State, the Council of Foreign Ministers, as well as decisions on matters falling within CNC competence should be adhered to upon the day when they were taken unless another procedure is specified.
- Hosting State shall bear expenses related to holding CNC meetings in the territory of a GUAM Member-State while travel and accommodation expenses of delegations shall be born by participating States.
- Russian and English shall be working languages of the CNC.