We, the Heads of Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine,
Underscoring the successful cooperation within the framework of GUAM, which marks its 20th anniversary this year;
Acknowledging with satisfaction that during these years GUAM has advanced into a full-fledged international organization availing its regional ownership, strategic objectives, and enhanced cooperation in political, economic, cultural and humanitarian dimensions;
Underlining the commitment to the decisions, resolutions and documents adopted at GUAM Summits, as well as the norms and principles of international law, enshrined in the UN Charter and the Helsinki Final Act;
Expressing deep concern over the continuing conflicts in the territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Georgia, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine which undermine the sovereignty and territorial integrity and impede sustainable development of the GUAM Member States;
Emphasizing the key geographical location and strategic importance of the GUAM Member States, whose territories constitute a natural corridor linking Europe and Asia, in particular given the significance of the Trans-Caspian route of the Great Silk Road;
Recognizing the backbone role of transport in the economic development of the GUAM Member States and stressing, in this regard, the importance of bilateral and multilateral projects in trade and transit;
Commending the signing of the Protocols related to the full-fledged implementation of the GUAM Free Trade Area Agreement;
Welcoming the GUAM business forum aimed at the development of public-private partnership, functioning of the Free Trade Area and increasing competitiveness of the GUAM Transport Corridor;
Assuring that GUAM remains open for active multi-faceted cooperation based on shared principles and values;
Have agreed on the following:
- We shall further promote cooperation in all fields with a view to ensure sustainable social and economic development, welfare and self-reliability of the GUAM Member States, thus contributing to security and stability in the GUAM area.
- We reaffirm our aspirations for the soonest settlement of the continuing conflicts in the territories of the GUAM Member States on the basis of sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of internationally recognized borders of States with the understanding that the territory of a State cannot be the object of acquisition by another State resulting from the threat or use of force, and that no territorial acquisition, military occupation or annexation, resulting from such act shall be recognized as legal.
- We shall promote the development of the GUAM Transport Corridor, as an essential link connecting Europe and Asia and a competitive transit route, and shall encourage its more active use by public and private enterprises.
- We shall encourage the GUAM Member States business circles to take an advantage of the opportunities open with the full-fledged functioning of the GUAM Free Trade Area, which eliminates barriers to economic and trade relations and creates favorable conditions for deepening cooperation in these areas.
- We express our readiness to strengthen the interaction with international partners in realization of the ongoing regional projects and multilateral programs of cooperation.
The participants expressed their high appreciation to the Prime Minister of Ukraine for an excellent organization of the Meeting and hospitality offered throughout the event in Kyiv.
Kyiv March 27, 2017