Priorities of Ukraine’s Chairmanship in GUAM (2019)
- creation of Free Trade Area and Transport Corridor;
- development of public-private partnership and cooperation programs;
- strengthening of interaction with the USA, Japan and establishment of a partnership with Canada;
- reform of the GUAM working mechanisms and modernization of the international legal and regulatory framework of cooperation;
- completing the preparation of the concept of the Organization’s development and the implementation of GUAM Communication Strategy.
The importance of political cooperation among the GUAM Member States is stressed for achieving mutual support for the protection of sovereignty and territorial integrity in internationally recognized borders, counteraction to aggression as well as the cessation of the illegal occupation and annexation attempts.