1. Third States and international organizations may participate in GUUAM activities as observers.
2. The conditions for granting observer status shall be:
2.1. Interest in GUUAM activities.
2.2. Possibility to promote achievement of goals and principles contained in Yalta Charter of GUUAM.
3. The procedure of granting observer status in GUUAM:
3.1. A third State, international organization shall address the Minister for Foreign Affairs of the GUUAM Presiding State with a written request containing grounds for interest in obtaining GUUAM observer status.
3.2. The Minister for Foreign Affairs of the GUUAM Presiding State shall present such request for consideration of GUUAM Executive Body (the Council of Ministers for Foreign Affairs).
3.3. GUUAM Executive Body shall consider the request and present its recommendation for consideration of the Heads of States.
3.4. Decisions on given issues shall be made by a consensus and individually for every State and international organization.
4. An observer shall have the right to:
4.1. Be present at official open meetings of the Heads of States and Ministers for Foreign Affairs of GUUAM with a possibility of a statement on issues that represent interest for the observer.
4.2. Receive information on date, place and preliminary agenda of official open meetings of the Heads of States and Ministers for Foreign Affairs of GUUAM.
4.3. Familiarize itself with the documents approved at official open meetings of the Heads of States and Ministers for Foreign Affairs of GUUAM.
4.4. Present its proposals to the GUUAM Presiding State for subsequent presentation for consideration by other GUUAM States.
5. Observer shall have no right of voting.
6. The main obligation of observer shall be adherence to the goals and principles contained in Yalta Charter of GUUAM.
7. In case of violation of provisions of paragraph 6 or conditions contained in paragraph 2, observer may be deprived of its status upon initiative of one or several GUUAM States according to the procedure contained in subparagraphs 3.2.-3.4. of paragraph 3.
Observer shall also automatically lose its status upon obtaining of the status of GUUAM Participant.