Совместный пресс-релиз 3-й встречи ГУАМ-Япония, Батуми, 01.07.2008 (in English)
- On 1 July 2008 in Batumi, Georgia, the third GUAM-Japan meeting was held within the framework of the third Summit of the Organization for Democracy and Economic Development – GUAM.
- Both sides exchanged views on various issues of mutual interest, including energy, transit and transportation, environmental protection, trade and investment, and tourism as well as peaceful resolution of conflicts on the basis of the UN Security Council resolutions.
- Both sides welcomed active and fruitful dialogue that has been conducted since June 2007 and expressed their intention to hold the next “GUAM-Japan” meeting at the senior official level at a mutually convenient date and venue later this year. Both sides also welcomed close cooperation and regular dialogue in Tokyo between representatives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the Ambassadors of the GUAM member states in Tokyo.
- The Japanese side welcomed steady institutional development of GUAM as a regional organization. The GUAM side renewed their intention to further strengthen cooperation among member states for effective realization of democratization and economic development. The GUAM side welcomed active participation of Japanese representatives to various thematic conferences organized by GUAM after the second “GUAM-Japan” meeting held in Tokyo in December 2007.
- The Japanese side proposed to organize a workshop in Tokyo on trade and investment promotion for GUAM member states after autumn 2008. Both sides expressed their intention to jointly prepare for the workshop, paying special attention to the workshop on energy-saving for GUAM member states that was organized in Tokyo September 2007. The GUAM side expressed their strong will to promote effective use of energy based on the results of the workshop.
- Both sides concluded the meeting by reaffirming their strong intention to continue and strengthen GUAM-Japan dialogue and cooperation.
Поделитесь статьей в соцсети!